Thursday, February 28, 2013

Apple (a poem)



I am the forbidden fruit
The one everyone wants
But no one wants
I do not lie
I am shiny and red as I am sweet
Enjoy all you want
But don’t throw me away
Don’t waste me on just a nibble
Savor my sweetness
For it is not poison, but passion
Passion makes me bloom
On the tree I radiate, beg to be picked
I am one to be savored, to be enjoyed
Not discarded to the ground
I am what you see
An apple, no more, no less
I do not lie
I do not hide behind leaves
My passion is true
Shinning out from my core
My passion glows, ripe for the picking
I am an apple, No more, no less
A forbidden fruit to some
Take a bite, don’t just nibble on me
Enjoy my sweetness
Savor the bite; enjoy my fruit down to the core
It is the sweetest
Fully enjoy the forbidden
Enjoy me for what I am
An apple, just an apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment