Monday, August 1, 2011

Cupcake Stands

So a while back a co-worker showed me a picture from a magazine about making your own cupcake stands and I tried it out before but my plates didn't come out centered as well I would have liked them to so this weekend I attempted it again.  My girls were having their birthday party on Saturday and my cousin's wife made them these wonderful cotton candy cupcakes (yummy), so Friday on the way home from work I stopped at the local Goodwill store to find plates to make the stands from.  I found some wonderful plates this time around!


 Before gluing, making sure it all looked good
 My helper putting glass beads in the cups that seat between the plates.

She was measuring her neck!  ;-)

First layer done with beads.

Top view of  the finished product.

Side view of finished product.

Side view with bunny ears!

Me gluing done the candlestick for the next stand.

This one needed double bunny ears!

Finished stand top view, the top plate is square but curves upwards.

Another view of finished stand, better view of the curve of the plate.

I still have one more stand to go but I had to go get my dad to grind off the globe of the glass I found. I had several other small glasses and a vase to go in between these two plates but they just didn't look right.


My Dad ground off the globe part (the part actually sitting on the counter in this picture), the steam of the glass is solid and thick.

All I need to do is to glue it all together tomorrow. 


And here are some shots of the stands in action at the birthday party...
The yummy cotton candy cupcakes are courtesy of Mon Amy's Bakery





No comments:

Post a Comment