Thursday, July 7, 2011

Goodbye Lie

To say Goodbye
Would mean saying Hello
To your life
That has never known me
But one I’ve been apart of
One I helped to save
Yet only you and I know
Know what I did to save you
To open your eyes
To the truth
As painful as it was

Now I stand here in pain
Pain from no goodbye
Just “I’ll be in touch if I can”
But I knew, you knew
It was a lie, that was
Your goodbye

It ended this way before
With no goodbye
Years it took to find it
To find the answers
Bringing you back
Back into my life
But not I into yours

You could not
It would destroy it
Funny that I am the one
The one that saved it
From others you hid
That caused pain I never did

This time
I will seek no goodbye
You’ll stay a ghost
Of my past
A lesson I should have learned
Learned from the first
The first no goodbye
No goodbye the first time
Tells me what I should have known
There should have never been
Another Hello
Another there never will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment