Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Painting

Since it rained off and on for most of our 4th, we stayed in doing little projects around the house.  And if you ask my husband I came up with a thousand more for us to do!

With our son back home (we are happy about this!) we've had to do some re-arranging of where stuff goes.  We needed a new sewing desk to fit in the new sewing area so we have re-purposed the old vanity my daughter didn't want anymore.

This is how it started out looking (minus the mirror the dog broke!)...

In progress pictures...both daughter started out helping paint, only one continued!


First coats done...


Second coats is done (no picture yet) on the desk and it just needs a finishing clear coat.  The drawers need to be sanded and re-painted cause apparently I didn't notice they had a clear coat before the girls started painting on them.  But my youngest LOVES to paint so that will not be a problem.

I'll post of pictures of the finished project this week, now it's time to head off to work.

And look Dad, it's red, but at least it's not red walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment